Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Can Only Imagine



So... whenever I decide to feel sorry for myself in any manner, i watch this video, after a couple of teardrops, I then re-analyze my life on what I've accomplished and begin to compare my obstacles to individuals like the Hoyt Family. I then realize how incredibly fortunate to lived the life I've had. My crucibles become so insignificant in comparison.

As more and more of my classmates and the younger classes are getting injured and killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, I begin to have these existential and abstract thoughts. The emotion of fear and anxiety overwhelms me physically and emotionally. I know that I need to leave my faith for the big guy upstairs, but find myself struggling to do so. Why do we exist? What if the earth was destroyed tomorrow? What does this all mean?

My DCO sent me an article published in the Harvard Business Review and asked me to read it because he said it reminded him of me. The author of the article, a graduate of the HBS program, very intelligent and successful, drew analysis to why individuals are happy or unhappy. He pointed out many of his classmates who achieved much success in life, most ended up unhappy, divorced, in jail or committed suicide. Now, why do these successful individuals remain discontent or betray themselves ethically and morally?

Why are so many people in the world so angry and bitter?

I dont know... but all I know is that I refuse to live my life like that. I want to love! I want to laugh! I want to travel! I want to be loved! I want to share my happiness! I want to surround myself with positivity! I want to share my positivity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment